[Asterisk-Users] nagios plugin to check asterisk

Fri May 30 22:29:14 MST 2003

> That brings to my mind a question...
>
> what's the best (read most suitable) network monitoring
> tool that's suitable for asterisk (things like
> remote process check, remote stats and remote restart) ?

IMHO, I've had plenty of experience with http://www.bb4.com/ and happen to
have a lot to do with the related http://www.deadcat.net.au/ website.
Generally speaking, BB takes the approach of monitor and tell you about it,
but don't act. However, it is extremely extensible (ie, see www.deadcat.net)
and therefore can easily be made to re-act in various ways.

> That's because we're going to deploy some asterisk servers
> and want to monitor them from remote, including the
> poss. to restart it from the same tool if something
> is wrong (like Jeremy suggests).

BB will also monitor all the non-asterisk aspects of your systems such as
CPU time, disk space, system processes running etc...

> Any experience in that.
>
> I'm currently using zabbix (good but little plugin support).

I've not heard of that, but just as some additional information, if you want
a commercial product, see www.quest.com for the commercial version of BB.

Regards,
Adam