[Asterisk-Users] receptionist application for asterisk?

John Sellens jsellens at generalconcepts.com
Fri May 30 16:57:05 MST 2003

I've tried searching the archives but come up empty.

I'm looking for a "receptionist" application, that could be used
in a business center.  Lots of different incoming phone numbers
(200+), all need to be answered in a different way, by a human.
This is typically enabled with a terminal of some form that pops
up the company and contact information for the called number, and
a keyboard interface that allows the recptionist/operator to park
and retrieve calls, toss to voicemail, hangup, forward, etc.

I think I have some ideas on how this could be done, but I hate
reinventing the wheel.  Does anyone know of code (free or commercial)
that implements this sort of thing for asterisk?

Thanks very much for any pointers, hints, suggestions, etc.

John
jsellens at generalconcepts.com