[Asterisk-Users] call rejection with chan_capi

Emanuele Pucciarelli ep at acm.org
Fri May 30 15:44:49 MST 2003

Hi,

I remember that someone on IRC was curious about ISDN call rejection
with chan_capi.  I have to say that it works very well (thanks
kapejod!).

The reason why it didn't work at first was the "intelligent" NT1+ box -
an ISDN NT with analog ports.  You have to tell it explicitly that you
want to disable the analog port corresponding to the MSN being dialed.
If the analog port is disabled, and there is nobody "watching" that MSN
on the S0 bus, the call will be rejected immediately.  If the analog is
disabled, and chan_capi picks up that MSN, then the calling party will
get the normal ringback, and a congestion tone shortly after the call is
rejected.

If the analog port is enabled, then call rejection does not work.  I
guess that the "intelligent" NT wants every device to agree on
rejection, or something like that. :)

At least here (Italy), the result code for the calling party seems to be
always 0x349F (Normal disconnect, unspecified), but I have not done a
lot of experiments.

Bye,

--
Emanuele