[Asterisk-Users] Strange Issue with connected TA 750

Jeff McClure jmcclure at omnipotent.net
Fri May 30 07:33:29 MST 2003

The firmware (and anything else on the BCU) should have nothing to do with
this. The various tip and ring pairs go from the FXO/FXS cards directly out
to the amphenol connector on the back of the bank (they don't pass through
the BCU). If some of those lines are crossed up in the way you describe, it
almost has to be either the PC board inside the TA750 chassis, the amphenol
connectors, the cable, or the equipment connected to the cable (the block).

You say you connected to the contacts on the cable. Was the cable connected
to anything else besides the TA750? If it's still connected to the block,
then it's still possible that the block is crossing up the pairs. If it's
disconnected from the block and you still see the problem, try another
cable (still not connected to the block). That will help rule out the cable
and its associated connector.

If the second cable still shows the problem, then it pretty much looks like
it's a problem inside the TA750 chassis. If you bought the TA750 new, it's
covered under a 10 year warranty and free telephone tech support. Call
888-4ADTRAN between 7AM and 7PM US central time Monday-Friday, and they
should be able to help you figure out what's going on. Even if you bought
the bank used, you may be able to get support (you just don't have warranty
coverage).

--On Friday, May 30, 2003 9:34 AM -0400 "Bisker, Scott (7805)"