[Asterisk-Users] External FXO device (USB or ethernet), supported by Asterisk?

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Thu May 29 23:22:00 MST 2003

Hi Jim,

This is an interesting product, especially for Cisco ATA-186 users..they can
use one of the FXS ports to connect to the PSTN, but..... you have a very
limited functionality: when you call the phone number allocated to that
specific port, you will get the tone for the PSTN line and can dial. When a
call came from the PSTN, you will get an internal tone and can dial as a
regular internal user.

One idea is to allocate to that specific extension the prefix for the PSTN
calls as extension number.
Then you can call PSTN by dialing that prefix and then the number, with a
sgort break.

Overall. this is something that make sense to use for some specific
purposes.

Thanks for this info,
Dan
-