[Asterisk-Users] Lost in the Zhone

Jayson Vantuyl kagato at souja.net
Wed May 28 22:29:05 MST 2003

I've picked up a few Zhone channel banks that I currently am using to
test.  I've been ready to go into production but I'm a little worried by
their behavior.

Yes, I've read that they are evil and unsupported by their masters.
No, I'm not using the data port.  I just need a channel bank.

Well, sometimes, when a phone is ringing, * reads that the line picked
up even though the phone is on hook.  It'll do this with different
phones on different lines.  Is this something I'm doing or definitely a
Zhone defect?

Specifically, I am clueless on the whole
ground-start/loop-start/kewl-start thing wrt this CB.  Am I correct in
using Ground-Start (since it worked, I didn't question)?  Does this even
matter in this case?  Am I crazy?

Thanks,

Jayson