[Asterisk-Users] FAX and Data support in asterisk......?

denzel at infotechs.lk denzel at infotechs.lk
Tue May 27 23:00:49 MST 2003

greetings!

 We are planning to deploy Asterisk PABXs between several offices. The
connection between the offices are going to be on IAX channels. Currently we
use G.729 for the IAX channel. But for sending FAXes between offices over
IP, this method is not gonna be satisfactory since with this codec there is
a data loss. Is there any other lossless codec that we could use to send FAX
over IP ? Ideally we would like to have G.729 reserverd for voice calls and
a "lossless codec" for FAX service. Can anybody suggest a way to do this ?