[Asterisk-Users] Echo cancellation

Lars Boegild Thomsen lth at cow.dk
Tue May 27 21:17:54 MST 2003

Hi Klaus,

Yes - el-cheapo BRI means the cheapest ISDN BRI card I could find at the
local hardware pusher, absolutely no-name locally (Malaysia) manufactured
Hisax type 20 card from isdn4linux point of view and yes - chan_modem_i4l.
I primarily bought the card just to check out how Asterisk perform with such
a card and generally it's ok actually.  Just that annoying echo thingy.

I don't think the Snom Phones can adjust the rx/tx gain in any way.  I don't
question your knowledge, but just out of curiousity - can you explain why I
only see this problem when I receive a call on the Snom's - not when I
originate a call?  Any ideas?  Any settings that can be modified in
Asterisk?

Regards,

	Lars