[Asterisk-Users] The Phantom Call..

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Tue May 27 07:12:55 MST 2003

Have the phone company add an NLT record to your account.

This means "no line test".

I had this problem for months with a channel bank here, and after repeated
denials of automatic line testing I finally got a hold of someone at the
telco that knew exactly what I was talking about and fixed the problem.

Been perfect since.

(The problem is really in oversensitive subscriber equipment, but turning
off the automated testing is a viable solution.)

Don't listen to excuses that it can't be done either - it is always off on
T1/E1, and DVACS since it would wreak havoc on the 24x7 operation of those
types of lines.