[Asterisk-Users] The Phantom Call..

Shaun Ewing shaun at ewing.dropbear.id.au
Tue May 27 00:26:09 MST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "WipeOut ." <wipeout at linuxmail.org>

> My Modem and the X100P share a common line.. When I am on the internet
(which is most of the day) * just sits there and does nothing (apart from
when I am testing ideas for the dial plan), but at night when I am sleeping
and the modem is not connected then the phone connected to the S100U rings..
When answered there is just a dial tone..

Are you sure it isn't the phone company doing things to your line?

We went through a terrible time a few months ago where all the lines on our
phone system (3) would ring once and stop. It would do this around 4am.

Nothing on the call return, etc.

When this went on for about a week we called the phone company. They
confirmed that they had been doing upgrades to the exchange.

--Shaun