[Asterisk-Users] Limiting number of channels or calls

Shaun Ewing shaun at ewing.dropbear.id.au
Sat May 24 22:57:50 MST 2003

Good afternoon all,

I was wondering if anybody knows of a way to limit the number of calls going
out over an interface (or respond with some sort of 'circuits-busy'
message?)

The reason I ask is my outgoing bandwidth is only 128kbit and if there are
any more than 2 calls going over the internet interface the QoS is reduced
dramatically for all calls.

Failing that, does anybody know if the G.729 codec works for iConnectHere
and/or FWD?

I've been thinking of getting one of the incoming phone numbers on
iConnectHere and receiving calls through the Internet when I get the
hardware ordered/installed and start making the switch from our current
phone system - but my main concern is what happens if we get a flood of
calls. The call queuing works fine, but what happens if more calls are
received than the bandwidth can handle.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Shaun