[Asterisk-Users] TCP/UDP Ports used by Asterisk

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Sat May 24 08:54:34 MST 2003

Hi all,

I have my Asterisk behind a NAT router, but now it is configured to put that specific computer in DMZ (directly exposed to Internet).
I intend to disable this and to open just the used ports.
There is a list of TCP/UDP ports usd by Asterisk in order to connect to the outside world?

One more question: When a call is established between an internal SIP phone (in LAN) and a phone from another place outside my router/firewall, using both the same codec (no conversion)... the call is still routed through  the PBX or the PBX is used only for signaling and then a direct connection between the two phones is established?

I ask this because if the audio stream is passed through the PBX then there is no need to open other ports on the firewall for the internal phones.

Thanks,
Dan