[Asterisk-Users] advantages of a sip phone over Wildcard TDM400P solution

Oliver Brandt oliver_mlisten at gmx.de
Sat May 24 07:15:22 MST 2003

Hi,
after finally getting my testsystem to work well I'm planning to buy
some hardware. Now I was wondering what the advantages / disadvantages
of using a Wildcard TDM400P solution over using real sip phones like the
snoms is? The only thing I came up with is that the Snoms can use a LDAP
adressbook on the server. What about calling a sip adress like
person at server.com. Can this be done by dialing the adress on the sip
phone or do I still have to add the adress to the extentions.conf  and
then dial the corresponding number on the snom? Is there a way to dail
sip adresses when using a TDM400P?
If you have any hints on what hardware to buy or what to watch out for
please let me know!
Thanks in advance!
CU
	Oliver