[Asterisk-Users] SIP and DTMF

Avery, Brian B.Avery at hp.com
Fri May 23 11:12:41 MST 2003

Hello,

	I am fairly new to asterisk. I am currently using asterisk as a
more convenient sip side voicemail system.

	My problem:
		I have cisco 7960 phones whose out of band dtmf tones
are recognized properly(when dtmfmode=rfc2833) by asterisk but whose
in-band dtmf tones are recognised poorly(when dtmfmode=inband) . For
example 7999 comes out as 799999, 4242 comes out as 442422 ... etc

		I also have a cisco 2600 acting as a router/bridge
between a Nortel Option 11C pbx and the voip/sip side.  It can only send
in-band dtmf as far as I can tell (probably because that is how the
Nortel is forwarding it.

	I found the dtmfmode switch to make EITHER one work.  Is there a
method so that asterisk can deal with both in band and out of band dtmf
tones at the same time?  is there a reason that it would ever need to
ignore the out of band ones?

thanks,
Brian Avery