[Asterisk-Users] Call transfering external calls to external lines

Edwin A. Silva edwin at wwworks-inc.com
Fri May 23 09:57:42 MST 2003

The first line of the example should be
exten => 533,1,Flash

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Edwin A.
Silva
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2003 12:24 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Call transfering external calls to external
lines

I was just trying to find a better way to transfer incoming calls to
external phone numbers without tieing up my lines.  The following has
worked successfully for me and I just thought I'd post it so if someone
was looking to do the same they could quite easily.

The feature you need installed on your lines is called
conference-drop-transfer or here in canada it's know as
3way-call-transfer.

exten => 533,2,Senddtmf,18665582273
exten => 533,3,Wait(2)
exten => 533,4,Flash
exten => 533,5,Hangup

call comes in, caller dials 533 for external support line, asterisk
Flashes, sends dtmf to dial out via the incoming channel, waits(2)
seconds, Flashes back, hangs up, and the call isn't dropped

If you do a show channels in the CLI you will notice that no channels
are in use :)

In my scenario, because my lines roll-over this feature exists on the
lines for no extra cost.

-Mamb0K|nG