[Asterisk-Users] new DTMF tones

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Thu May 22 19:13:20 MST 2003

the "m" and "u" are "pseudo tones" that never pass up beyond the channel
driver they represent "mute" and "unmute" so that when a tone is detected,
if the channel is in a conference, it can be muted from that conference in
order to confirm a tone was actually present on the line and not simply
the echo of another line.

Mark