[Asterisk-Users] How many X100P's in a system..

asterisk at sasami.anime.net asterisk at sasami.anime.net
Thu May 22 15:18:41 MST 2003

On Thu, 22 May 2003, Robert Hajime Lanning wrote:
> I would expect, one of the issues would be latency.  Shared IRQs introduce
> additional latency for service on that IRQ.

When you have multiple cards in a system, shared IRQs are often more
efficient than single ones. Since you can service multiple cards in a single
interrupt.

It would thus be an advantage for a busy system with multiple x100p's.
That is, if the x100p actually supported irq sharing to pci spec.

I dont think a few hundred extra cycles out of 1billion+/sec (eg most
modern systems) is going to incur any noticeable latency in any case.

-Dan