[Asterisk-Users] How many X100P's in a system..

Robert Hajime Lanning lanning+asterisk at monsoonwind.com
Thu May 22 14:03:07 MST 2003

I would expect, one of the issues would be latency.  Shared IRQs introduce
additional latency for service on that IRQ.

When the interrupt happens, all devices sharing that interrupt no have to
be polled.  The machine knows which IRQ triggered, but it does not know
who triggered it.  The kernel just jumps to the driver that is listed
in the IRQ table for that IRQ.  The driver will then poll all the devices
it knows about, then passes control on to the next driver that is linked
to that IRQ.  (You basicaly end up with a link list of drivers, off the
IRQ.)

<quote who="asterisk at sasami.anime.net">