[Asterisk-Users] H.323 support is distrubuted with Asterisk (was Re: [Asterisk-Users] chan_oh323.so: Segmentation Fault)

Jeremy McNamara jj at indie.org
Thu May 22 11:34:21 MST 2003

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:

>People!
>
>chan_h323 is not properly supported by Jeremy, so please use chan_oh323.
>Jeremy refuses to answer support to anyone disagreeing with his political
>standpoints.

Show me in the GPL where it states that I am required to support the code?

The code is released without cost, but do not EXPECT support to come
without cost.  I have spent countless hours in the channel supporting
chan_h323 and most of the time all I get is a "Thank you", which is
perfectly fine, but they treated me with a certain level of respect, you
haven't.

Then there are those generous people who have donated money in support
of chan_h323, which I directly support and have even implemented custom
features, which I personally felt weren't suitable for mainline
distribution, but I did it anyway because they supported my effort. This
is why open-source works.

Everyone needs to realize, I could have VERY EASILY paid Digium for
NON-GPL licenses and chan_h323 would have NEVER been released and we
would not be having this worthless discussion  today, but then what kind
of H.323 support would asterisk have?  I'll let everyone make their own
decision on which H.323 channel driver to run, I certainly know which
one I run.

Jeremy McNamara

P.S. Roy, RTFM.  Other's have and they've gotten it to work.