[Asterisk-Users] gnophone conf question

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed May 21 20:50:07 MST 2003

On Wednesday 21 May 2003 22:29, Brian Capouch wrote:
> I am heading on a trip and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be behind a
> NAT gateway, and my asterisk server is *separately* behind a NAT
> gateway.

You're going to either need to open something up, such that ONE end
isn't NAT (and the other end registers), or else you're going to have to
use a third-party service (like NuFone) to relay your calls; I would
normally have recommended iaxtel, but they're down this week.  In this
second case, you'll need to have both ends register with the service, so
there's a UDP route already established in both directions.

-Tilghman