[Asterisk-Users] 2 part question

Gary Gapinski Gary.Gapinski at grc.nasa.gov
Wed May 21 12:58:47 MST 2003

On Wednesday 21 May 2003 15:32, Derek Beaumont wrote:
> Is there a way to record your own voice messages ("Welcome to my PBX,
> Press 1 for ...") using asterisk and an analog phone, or do they need
> to be recorded using traditional voice recording software?

See the Record application, or just record the desired messages as one or
more voicemail messages, and pillage the resulting files as you see fit.

> Also, I am confused as to why my replies to the message board are
> never indented.  Call this the ultimate newbie question, but how
> should the reply be worded so that I don't screw up the nicely
> formatted list?

Your mail user agent is not providing an In-Reply-To header identifying
the message to which you are replying. Many MUAs provide this as a
matter of course when you reply to a message, but you are apparently
afflicted with one which does not.

Here are example headers from Tilghman Lesher's response to your prior
message: