[Asterisk-Users] H323

Paweł Gołaszewski blues at ds.pg.gda.pl
Tue May 20 11:52:46 MST 2003

On Tue, 20 May 2003, Jeremy McNamara wrote:
> >>You CANNOT use distro specific installs of Open H.323 and
> >>PWLib!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >calm down :) Why not? It simply works...
> It does not work...

_for_ _me_ it works. dot.

> >>Distro specific installs change the names of the library files
> >Sure, because library name from pure pwlib and h323 is _crazy_ Now -
> >look into my patch... I said that it's to use with openh323 and pwlib
> >from distros...
> This patch will break non-distro specific installs, thus will NOT be
> merged. Plain and simple..

I didn't wanted to have it merged... Maybe some conditional build (some
-DDISTRO_LIBS_CRAP ;)  )

> I follow the lead of Equivelance, the people that actually created Open
> H.323 and PWLib, not some lame distro manager who thinks they know
> someone elses code better than the people that actually wrote it.

not everyone who is writting something is making it well...
Look into OpenOffice sources. This is nightmare...

> >and have even been known to change code (debian). Every distro adds
> >some patches - mostly doing good things...
> Not in my experience.

You was talking only about debian instalations... maybe this is problem
with debian package? Try to talk with debian package maintainer. Remember
- people are using things from distros. If you will not think about this -
asterisk will newer be included into any distribution... It would be
really sad thing...

--
pozdr.  Paweł Gołaszewski