[Asterisk-Users] How many X100P's in a system..

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue May 20 08:33:33 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 10:23, WipeOut . wrote:
> I know the recommendation it to not run more than 2 T/E100P's in a
> system but what about X100P's..
>
> Usually there are 5 PCI slots in a system, has anyone tried 5 x
> X100P's in a system?

At the price, why would you try? You could get a T1 card and a channel
bank for not too much more and have loads more flexibility.

Consider that to get 5 X100Ps you will send $495US and thats the cost of
the T100P, You can jump on ebay and find channel banks down around $200
occasionally. If you wait one out for a decent price with FXO ports your
good to go.

Then there is also that whole option of if you don't mind not having
callerid, you can go with the TDM Devkit that comes with a channel bank
and T1 card.