[Asterisk-Users] little ADSI problem

Jayson Vantuyl kagato at souja.net
Tue May 20 06:48:48 MST 2003

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 08:54:29AM -0400, Joe Antkowiak wrote:
> A normal tone phone *does* work on that same port (way ahead of you), and
> the adsi phone works fine on a normal telco POTS line (minus the features)
No matter.  The magic of ADSI is that it is a normal phone plus
features.  If the normal phone part doesn't work, you've got problems.

First, set adsi=no on the channel.  Does it work?

Second, it is possible that some script loaded in the phone is making it
wonky.  If it is like my PT390, try a software reset on the phone.

To do this:

1.  Go into options.
2.  Set the Date/Time to Jan 1 12:00am
3.  Exit Options
4.  Enter options
5.  Press Mute (should see CPEID, Firmware info, other stuff)
6.  Press # (that should reset it)

If that doesn't make it work on an adsi=no channel, something is wrong
with the phone.  FYI, I've had a few of these come in with bad sensors
on the phone hook (wouldn't hang up or would pick up intermittently if
you "bumped the table" correctly).

Jayson