[Asterisk-Users] Illegal instruction on a new asterisk build.

Fred Ziegler fred.ziegler at alum.mit.edu
Mon May 19 19:34:11 MST 2003

Hi. I have asterisk (cvs build from tonight) running fine on a RedHat9
box, with zaptel hardware.

On a second RedHat9 box (with no zaptel hardware) I've built the
same version,  apparently with no errors, but immediately upon invoking
asterisk I get:  Illegal instruction.

running under gdb, it shows that its failing in ast_ulaw_init as shown
below:

 [New Thread 16384 (LWP 1097)]

 Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
 [Switching to Thread 16384 (LWP 1097)]
 0x0806c22c in ast_ulaw_init () at ulaw.c:48
 48	  if (sample > CLIP) sample = CLIP;      /* clip the magnitude */
 (gdb) where
 #0  0x0806c22c in ast_ulaw_init () at ulaw.c:48
 #1  0x0807a881 in main (argc=8192, argv=0x80) at asterisk.c:1144
 #2  0x400f45cd in __libc_start_main () from /lib/libc.so.6
 (gdb) quit

What is my problem?
Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,
Fred

----
Fred R. Ziegler               Email: <fred.ziegler at alum.mit.edu>
W Medford, Ma.
U.S.A.
Internet Society Member (#1315080) since Feb 1992