[Asterisk-Users] Check for a phone off hook

Ray Russell Reese III russ at zerotech.net
Sat May 17 13:02:01 MST 2003

Hi All,

My understanding of telephony technologies is limited at this point, so excuse
me if I use the wrong terminology.  I currently have a Wildcard X100P FXO
Card, basically for educational purposes and to have a fancy Voicemail/Remote
Control type machine.  I was wondering if it's possible for Asterisk to
detect when a phone has been picked up on the line, and then have the card
immediately pick up also?  I want this behavior so if someone calls in, and I
pick up before the timeout to have the voicemail come in, Asterisk will pick
up and listen for commands I can do while I'm on the phone. This way I can do
things such as during a call record a part of the call by simply pressing ##
(or another exten I define).

Thanks!
- Russ