[Asterisk-Users] XTEN Lite TROUBLE

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Sat May 17 11:29:44 MST 2003

Hi,

A new SIP soft phone from Ahead (producer of Nero Burning ROM) is available at only 19USD, with a full functional demo for 30 days.
Anyone tried this with Asterisk?
http://www.sippstar.com/en/index.html

Regarding X-Lite and Asterisk, those are my observations:
- X-Lite can register just one SIP account, even if it has 3 lines ... you can put a call on hold and call using another line, but this is all.
- It works better with GSM codec when accessing voice mail or other voice services provided directly by Asterisk
- If Asterisk is used to do conversion from GSM to G.711 codec (disable GSM on X-Lite or a conversation with another phone without GSM support, like Cisco IP PHONE 7960) then the sound is choppy.
- you must configure the X-Lite SIP user in sip.conf file, as usual.. you must consider Asterisk as a SIP proxy
- DTMF commands works fine if dtmfmode=rfc.... is used in sip.config file

Anyone succeed to make X-Lite work with Actiontec's Internet Phone Wizard?

BR,
Dan