[Asterisk-Users] SIP/H323 based channel bank?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri May 16 09:02:21 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 10:32, Dave Packham wrote:
> Just starting my search for a SIP/MGCP/H323 channel bank.  I need
> analog ports in a building that only have network connections back to
> my * server.   I could install another * server and use a normal CB
> with a PRI but I would like to investigate any good CB's with network
> trunk abilities

Couple of things. First to answer exactly what your question was.
Carrier Access Adit 600 has the ability to add a router card to it. You
can probably bet there is a similar module for the Adtran hardware, and
Mark could help you with it.

Second. The problem of using a CB with network capabilities is that you
devote channels of the T1/E1 to a specific task. If you either go VoIP
with say IAX as your voice trunking over the current network T1/E1 then
you just fill what was probably a void in your network traffic.
Depending on the number of channels you need to run from one side to the
other, you may even get away with just using the new TDM boards Digium
is selling.