[Asterisk-Users] mp3 playback (mpg123)

nathan nathan at yorkukhosting.com
Thu May 15 01:29:48 MST 2003

Hi All,

First of all a quick thanks to everyone that has provided me
with hints and tips over the past few days.

I'm still experiencing problems with the playback of MP3s. The
MP3 files will playback but they suffer from "stuttering". mpg123
is installed and plays back the file without problem via the
desktop speakers. (It is definitely mpg123 installed, and not
mpg321)

The playback is over an ISDN interface using the chan_capi
driver, but I also experienced the same results using chan_modem
(i4l).

Does the mp3 need to converted to a specific bit rate or does
anything else need to be done to stop the stuttering?

Regards,
Nathan.