[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk - Connction to analog PBX?

Cory Vaughan spsppl at yahoo.com
Wed May 14 13:06:36 MST 2003

Alex, you seem happy to talk about Asterisk so i
thought I would throw this one at you.

I plan to have a support center in Bangladesh that is
taking calls from american 1-800 numbers. They have
Quintum VoIP switches which do the IAX and g.729 i
think it is.

The thing is is that I dont have alot of money and I
plan to take overflow and supervisor calls here in
Plano Tx maybe 8 extensions.

So calls will hit american numbers at the colo in
Maryland and be routed Voip to Bangladesh Or to Plano
tx.

My question is after I set up Asterisk what do I stick
in the box to connect to the 8 extensions. Also I
plan to use only a cable connection here in Tx.,
 3 mbps/384kbps which I planned to use quintum with
because they compress each channel to 15kbps but I
dont know about asterisk whatits compression goes down
to. With taht work for 8 extensions. And does anyone
know of any good Sip Software for monitoring and
gathering statistics?

Thanks
Cory