[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail2

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Sun May 11 14:28:47 MST 2003

> >  Would it be hard to have a
> > menu option that would allow the user to jump to a given message number,
> > or perhaps have an option to go most-recent to least?
> I second, & thrid .. this feature request
> if I have not cleaned out my old msg & its a Royal PITA to use the
> hand set to navigate the Old msg
> BUT
> I luv to be able to key a Old msg number, or skip to last msg,
> then do to Next-1 at a time, previous-1 at a time, Fast Fwd, Fast Rewind
> would solve this issue on the hand set

I suggest implementing this as part of the heretofore missing "advanced
options".

3 gets you advanced options, under which:

	1 - Jump to a specific message
	2 - Compose a message (maybe one day...)
	* - Return  to main menu

I'll implement the "jump to a specific message" piece, so long as someone
purchases, orders, and sends me the recordings for:

	"Advanced Options"
	"Press 1 to jump to a specific message"
	"or, press * to return to the main menu."
	"Jump to which message?"

and possibly:

	"No such message"

(although it might be better to just jump to the last message if someone
enters a message number too high).

Mark