[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail2

Dave Packham dave.packham at utah.edu
Sun May 11 10:56:44 MST 2003

Way cool. I understand about the mp3 voice stuff.  Thanks for the pronto fixes.

Dave P

>>> Mark Spencer <markster at digium.com> 5/11/2003 12:35:09 AM >>>
> can we use MP3 file compression for voicemail? at least the email
> attachments?

Forgetting the patent issues related to MP3 compression, both MP3 and
Vorbis are poor formats for storing voice because the formats were not
designed to be vocoders.

> and can you add the suggestions i had about checking for the ".wav49"
> file extensions for gsm encoded files and truncating them to just
> ".wav" so that windows clients can play them?  windows does not
> recognize the wav49 file extension for auto playback..

It's already fixed in voicemail2 (feel free to check)

Mark