[Asterisk-Users] vonage and asterisk

firedude at shorelinuxsolutions.com firedude at shorelinuxsolutions.com
Sat May 10 10:28:39 MST 2003

I've been reading all I can in order to try to implement an asterisk
setup. In speaking with someone the other day, they advised they thought
there was a way to make a SIP or softphone (gnophone) go straight out to
the vonage network through asterisk.  I already have vonage set up with an
ATA 186.  What I'm wondering is is there some way that I could direct dial
from a softphone (gnophone) to vonage network through Asterisk?  Please
excuse me if I'm using SIP and softphone in incorrect ways, I'm a bit new
to the telephony aspect.  Thanks for any and all suggestions.
AJ