[Asterisk-Users] Ha, just found a way around australiaapprovals......

Thu May 8 23:25:54 MST 2003

> Of course you could pickup a cheap drop and insert csu/dsu...
> Your Digium card would then not be connected directly to the PSTN.
>
> If it works for the goose.....

As an aside, it was mentioned some time ago on this list that mixing the T1
cards with E1 cards could cause 'clicks' on the phone lines due to the
different timing.

With a setup of one E100P card with an E1 connected and a T100P card and a
T1 channel bank and 24 extensions.

Two questions:
1) How bad are these 'clicks', ie, are they noticeable to the caller and/or
the callee?

2) Would this still occur if you had one * box with the E100P and E1, and a
separate * box with the T100P, channel bank, and extensions connected
together using IAX ??

As some background, in Australia (and probably to some degree in Europe
also) there are two major issues, one is the approval of the equipment
connecting to the telco's network which can be worked around as Gary
mentioned, or else using some sort of E1 <-> E1 'converter' which is
approved as mentioned above (I assume a drop and insert CSU/DSU is basically
that?).
The second challenge is getting a channel bank to deal with the extensions
in a cost sensible manner, where a T1 channel bank is *MUCH* cheaper than a
E1 channel bank...

Regards,
Adam