[Asterisk-Users] Ha, just found a way around australia approvals......

Thu May 8 23:11:24 MST 2003

> > How does this help people using it at their own premises as a
> > PBX ? It would mean you need to use VoIP to get the traffic
> > from the colo to the office.
> For a small install it wouldn't, but with GSM audio compression and IAX2
> trunking you could combine 2-4 E1s of calls into a E1 data line that
> could be terminated with a Cisco router. If you are charged more for a
> E1 circuit that leaves the premisis, then you could make the charge
> lower by aggrigating it into IAX before leaving the telco. Granted that
> also assumes that the cost of the colo space is lower than the multiple
> lines out to your site.

In effect this means you have two options:

1) Pay $1500 for an E1 into your office using austel approved equipment

2) Pay $300 for some rackspace in a colo, plus at least $500 for a DSL IP
connection to your office plus whatever the telco charges for an E1, which
needs to be less than $700...

(All pricing is guesswork on my side, in Aus$ and monthly pricing).

Does anyone have more accurate numbers for these sorts of things?
It really would be nice to see some numbers for prices of E1's from *
friendly telco's and colo space where those telco's are present...

Regards,
Adam