[Asterisk-Users] Problems with H323

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu May 8 08:30:32 MST 2003

On Thursday 08 May 2003 09:22 am, Derek Beaumont wrote:
> Ok.  So I just found an older version of the file, and I am now
> trying to install that.
>
> I also found out the problem about the current files of pwlib and
> openh323. I am using the links browser, and it downloaded the file,
> but if I go into another browser, it tells me that the file isn't
> there.  I'll just chalk that one up to the minimalist approach of
> the links browser.
>
> New problem:  I am trying to install pwlib and it tells me I need
> the following libraries:
> libcrypto.so.2
> libssl.so.2
>
> I tried to install the ssl packages from my installation cds, but I
> get a message that they are already installed (yet, I can't find
> these libraries).

You need the -devel headers.  Complain to your distribution
vendor if you think this is confusing.

> So I just decided to install the newest version
> of openssl.
>
> When I run ./config, I get the following error:
>
> Makefile.ssl is older than Makefile.org.
> Reconfigure the source tree (via './config' or 'perl Configure'),
> please. make: *** [Makefile.ssl] Error 1
>

> Why would it matter if one file is older than another???

Because make is a dependency system.  It determines what needs
to be rebuilt by comparing modification dates.

> Bonus dumb question:  I am unfamiliar with how these mailing lists
> work. How do you phrase the Subject line of an email if you want it
> to be a subheading of another category?

You don't.  If your mail client supports it, it will insert either
References or In-Reply-To headers when you reply to a message, which
smart mail clients can then use to thread messages.

-Tilghman