[Asterisk-Users] A winphone without the phone ??

Tue May 6 20:15:27 MST 2003

> I am almost done with just an animal.  I will be releasing the
> code when I can get it ready for
> consumption.

Any more details on how it works/what it does?

Perhaps a daemon which runs all the time seperate from asterisk which simply
reads data from a named pipe or similar, and which then sends the data out
to the desktop apps? This fits with my previous idea of an AGI that
continues running while the extension processing also continues onward.

Of course, even better might be simply the desktop app makes a connection to
the asterisk manager TCP port, logs in, and watches for calls to it's
extension, then it can grab the data it needs, call the URL/popup
window/whatever, and even transfer the call away to voicemail/other
extension etc...

ie, a pop-up window might have:
Answer button (probably only can be done on an ADSI/SNOM phones?? or some IP
phones)
Reject button (send busy ??)
Voicemail button (divert to voicemail)
Extension (type in a number and the call will be diverted to that extension)
Displays the callerid details
Displays the called number

If this basic app could be written, it would then allow people to extend it
out to interpret the called number into a 'script' of what the person
answering the call should say, or lookup the callerid to display the
customer record, etc...

One thing that would be interesting is where the caller has been asked to
"Enter your ticket number?" and being able to trap the ticket number from
the manager interface (worst case is just use an AGI to drop this number
into a DB and have the desktop pull it out again)...

Should be able to re-use a lot of the windows code from gastman to do this,
just need to restrict what is displayed etc... (ie, it's more a cut-down
gastman rather than a advanced gastman)...

Adam