[Asterisk-Users] Backup/Failover * Server

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Tue May 6 16:19:00 MST 2003

I'd suggest using rsync to keep your /etc/asterisk directories up to
date on the backup system.

Take a look on Google or Sourceforge for scripts to do hot failovers
where one server will pick up the IP address of another during a
problem, or there are also routing tricks you can do for this.
Suffice to say, there is nothing inherent in Asterisk that provides
"failover" at the IP layer; you'll need some generic external server
redundancy tool to handle that.

JT