[Asterisk-Users] SIP configuration question

Derek Beaumont jerkface2098 at hotmail.com
Tue May 6 13:14:30 MST 2003

First question:  Do you need to use a special phone to use SIP?  My setup is
X100P and TDM10B (I have 2 computers with the same setup), will I be able to
use SIP?

I already have the two computers calling each other using IAX, but I would
like to see if I can get them to work using SIP.

My current setup:

On computer 192.168.10.50
**sip.conf***
[general]
port=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
context=default
allow=gsm
register=>comp1:mysecret at 192.168.10.51

[comp2]
type=friend
username=comp2
secret=bigsecret
host=192.168.10.51

**extensions.conf***
[general]
static=yes
writeprotect=no

[default]
exten=>_221,1,Dial,SIP/comp2

-=================
On computer 192.168.10.51
**sip.conf***
[general]
port=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
context=default
allow=gsm
register=>comp2:bigsecret at 192.168.10.50

[comp1]
type=friend
username=comp1
secret=mysecret