[Asterisk-Users] capi + bri ?

Gijsbert van den Brink gijsbert at key2contact.nl
Tue May 6 06:13:43 MST 2003

> I have som problems with my BRI/capi setup. I manage to call in to the
system (some rows below).
> ----------------
>    -- Executing Dial("CAPI[contr1/16453]", "SIP/BYEXTENSION at janm|10") in
new stack
>     -- Called s at janm
>     -- SIP/janm-63f5 is ringing
>     -- SIP/janm-63f5 is ringing
>     -- SIP/janm-63f5 is ringing
> ----------------
>
> But I can't make outgoing calls from my SIP phones.
> ----------------
>   -- Executing Dial("SIP/janm-088c", "CAPI/contr1") in new stack
>   == data = contr1
>   == capi request omsn = contr1
> NOTICE[622607]: File chan_capi.c, Line 883 (capi_request): didn't find
capi device with outgoing msn = contr1. you should check your config!
> NOTICE[622607]: File app_dial.c, Line 476 (dial_exec): Unable to create
channel of type 'CAPI'
>   == Everyone is busy at this time
> ----------------
> My exten example:
> exten => _XXXXXX,1,Dial,CAPI/contr1/BYEXTENSION
>
> Some questions:
>
> 1. Do I need to configure/use zapata.conf when I using capi (there is no
signalling called "BRI")?

Nope, you don't need zapata.conf for capi, you only need capi.conf. There is
an example of capi.conf in chan_capi, `make config` copies it to your
/etc/asterisk dir.

> 2. How do I configure the BRI channels?

Check the sample capi.conf and the README of chan_capi, it's all there..
Your exten in extensions.conf is wrong, it should look like this: exten =>
_XXXXXX,1,Dial,CAPI/123456:BYEXTENSION
Where 123456 is the msn you assigned to a controller in capi.conf.

> 3. Is there anyone using an Eicon BRI with capi that could give an simple
example outgoing extension line? (or know of some fine BRI/capi/*
examples/documentation?)