[Asterisk-Users] A winphone without the phone ??

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Tue May 6 04:11:17 MST 2003

At 18:13 6-5-2003 +1000, you wrote:
> > I am not totally sure I follow what you are saying or not. But anyways,
> > what I do at home is I have an AGI that gets called when a call comes
> > into my X100P card, and just sends the callerid to a GUI sitting on all
> > of my other machines at home. That way I can answer the phone if I know

Sounds like what I did (use AGI to call smbclient to send a popup message ;)

>This sounds do-able with AGI but I really think more is needed. Ideally, you
>want an AGI to run which will then have full access to all variables etc as
>well as the extensions.conf continue to dial the real channel. However, you
>also want that program to be able to pass an 'event' back to asterisk such
>as transfer call to extension xxx or send busy or answer etc... So that the
>'agent' software/interface can be a two way communications channel. Best to
>make it easily modifiable (ie, execute xyz script/compiled c or whatever
>program which can then use it's own method to connect to the desktop
>machines...

Hmm I think you're a bit over the top, to allow that kind of interaction -
You'd almost write a Manager-client to do this. No doubt it would be cool
to allow such features, but I think time-to-develop is an issue here..

Met vriendelijke groet,
Florian Overkamp
ObSimRef BV (http://www.obsimref.com/)