[Asterisk-Users] Reduce echo?

Jeff Noxon jeff-asterisk at planetfall.com
Fri May 2 10:47:28 MST 2003

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 09:55:11AM +0200, Gijsbert van den Brink wrote:
> That was me. I see in the specs that the Diva Server does support g.168 echo
> cancellation. But I thought the 'echocancel=yes' option in capi_chan is for
> g.165 echo cancellation which is only available in the Voice edition.
> I haven't been able to try my Diva Server 4BRI (not voice) with asterisk
> yet, but I'll try it as soon as I get the chance..

I don't have a voice edition, and it seems to support g.165, but not g.164.
I have not actually tried to connect a modem through it though.  g.164/165
are just for *disabling* echo cancellation.  I.e., it provides a way for a
modem or some other device to switch off your echo canceller.

Regards,

Jeff