[Asterisk-Users] Reduce echo?

Gijsbert van den Brink gijsbert at key2contact.nl
Fri May 2 00:55:11 MST 2003

> There may be slight echo for the first 500-1500ms of the call, in my
> experience, and then it goes away.  It is worse when you bridge two CAPI
> ports together, because then you have to deal with the combined latency.
>
> Someone else mentioned that you need a "Voice" model of the Diva Server.
> That is not true.  I don't know what the Voice model adds, but check the
> specs; if the card supports g.168 echo cancellation, you're all set.

That was me. I see in the specs that the Diva Server does support g.168 echo
cancellation. But I thought the 'echocancel=yes' option in capi_chan is for
g.165 echo cancellation which is only available in the Voice edition.
I haven't been able to try my Diva Server 4BRI (not voice) with asterisk
yet, but I'll try it as soon as I get the chance..