[Asterisk-Users] Termcap support not found

WipeOut . wipeout at linuxmail.org
Fri May 2 01:13:23 MST 2003

I can sympathise with the new users who get these compile errors because the instructions for setting up Asterisk on the asterisk.org website says the following..

You must have readline and openssl and thier respective development packages.
You must be running Linux 2.4.x
You must have the Linux Kernel Sources package installed on your system.

There is no mention of these packages that are also required..

..and while it may seem logical to install these to a hardend coder it means nothing to a newbie who is just getting started in the Open Source world and wanting to try the awesome Asterisk PBX..

So maybe give the newbies a break... We were all a newbie at one stage.. (I think I still am one quite often)