[Asterisk-Users] Termcap support not found

WipeOut . wipeout at linuxmail.org
Fri May 2 01:13:23 MST 2003

I can sympathise with the new users who get these compile errors because the instructions for setting up Asterisk on the asterisk.org website says the following..

--snip--
You must have readline and openssl and thier respective development packages.
You must be running Linux 2.4.x
You must have the Linux Kernel Sources package installed on your system.
--snip--

There is no mention of these packages that are also required..

bison
libtermcap
libtermcap-devel
newt
newt-devel
ncurses
ncurses-devel

..and while it may seem logical to install these to a hardend coder it means nothing to a newbie who is just getting started in the Open Source world and wanting to try the awesome Asterisk PBX..

So maybe give the newbies a break... We were all a newbie at one stage.. (I think I still am one quite often)

Later..