[SPAM] Re: [Asterisk-Users] modem.conf i4l issues

Stephen J Wright sjw at swistgroup.com
Mon Mar 31 07:40:27 MST 2003

Hi

On Saturday 01 March 2003 16:31, Stefano Finetti wrote:
> > group=1   ; group=1,2,3,9-12
> > incomingmsn=*
> > msn=0
> > ;; We have two isdn cards (lines)
> > device => /dev/ttyI0
> > device => /dev/ttyI1
> > device => /dev/ttyI2
> > device => /dev/ttyI3
>
> I've a similar conf.
>
> group=1
> context=default
> msn=0
> incomingmsn=*
> device => /dev/ttyI0
> device => /dev/ttyI1 (this should be, if i've understood, the second
> channel of the card, it isn't?)

I'm not too sure on this, I've messed around and used /dev/ttyI1, dev/ttyI2
i.e. no dev/ttyI0 and it still worked.

> Now, after reading a bit more on google, I've managed to receive calls.
>
> IF i call the number attached to the isdn card, it works well, but i can
> speak only if i call a SIP client. With H323 client (like SJPhone or Cisco
> 7905, it doesnt' detect the answer).

AT my side my PABX (a Siemens) is connected to the isdn lines and my other
clients are all Voip phones using the oh323 channel and the gnuopenh323
gateway. We have tested it with microsoft netmeeting and dialer, as well as
with gnomemeeting.

> Still I've problem in calling outside using the same card (since it's a
> normal ISDN card, it has 2 channels, i'm trying to understand how to
> configure the second channel for calling outside.
>
> If i put _3NX.,1,Dial,Modem/g1:12,$(EXTEN) it seem to call but without
> calling really.

I think this is because of error E021C - you pabx / telco does not regocnize
the number you are dialing

Should your line perhaps look like this - it seems you are dial extention 12
al the time:

_3NX.,1,Dial,Modem/g1:$(EXTEN)|30|rTt

30 is timeout to ring before going to next priority and what evere flags you
want to use.

> If I put _3NX.,1,Dial,Modem/ttyI0:0,$(EXTEN) it says "Modem is busy".
>
> This is the Log for /var/log/messages when i try to call from a SIP client
> to a mobile number
>
> "  Mar 31 15:22:45 asterisk kernel: isdn: hisax,ch0 cause: E021C "

It means the Number format is invalid - DO a "man isdn_cause" at the command
prompt.

Hope it sheds a bit more light onto your problem.