[Asterisk-Users] Up coming FXS card.. but what about FX0?

Andres Tello Abrego criptos at aullox.com
Fri Mar 28 18:34:31 MST 2003

Is a relive that digium is making the fxs cards...

But what about fxo cards?

here in mexico I have the trouble of e1 r2 modified for mexico signaling
type..

So, one solution are fxo cards, fxs was linuxjack field or cisco's ata
units...

Now, the cost is now over the fxo cards, to make Telephony ip really cost
effective...

305 dls (plus 216 for s&h and import taxes) is a good number..

For a small office proyect... 2fxo cards, and one 4fxs cards are about

305+100+100 plus hardware, another 700usd...

A sistem for 2incoming lines plus 4 analog and N "software stations.."...

Like 1200 usd...  not bad.. not very bad... not at all....

So, what would bereally, really nice, is to raise the fxo ports density...
in taht way, on 6 pci slots mobos, u can setup medium size systems...

I dealing wth taht trouble right now... most entepises have or use 6 to 8
phone lines... and 16,20 ext...

So.. witha a 4fxo card, and 4fxs card... 6 slots can handle...
8 analogs incoming lines, and16 extensions... taht wold be very, very
sweet....

seeya... hope fx0 carddscme soon...