[Asterisk-Users] Dlink DG-104S

Ray Dzek rdzek at solarbugs.com
Fri Mar 28 08:30:10 MST 2003

Anything that improves MGCP functionality would certainly get my vote.
Since I started playing with * a couple weeks ago, I have found very
reasonably priced MGCP hardware, and while I am only experimenting at this
point, It sure would be cool if I could eventualy use it in a production
environment.

I currently have a Clarent CGP-101 with 4-ports ($20 at local surplus place)
which appears to be nearly identical to the D-Link 104S.  Even the web
interface screens are the same.

I also purchased a Polycom Netengine 6300 ($9 on E-Bay) with 8 ports.  The
6300 will arrive next week so I don't have any answers on if it will work
yet.  But for $9 I thought it would be worth a try.  The manual that I
downloaded indicates that it supports MGCP. Verilink now owns the Netengine
series routers, but very little is mentioned on their site about them.