[Asterisk-Users] kphone registration failures

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Fri Mar 28 00:04:23 MST 2003

I wonder what I'm doing wrong here, trying to use kphone with asterisk.

I have the following entry in sip.conf:

[kphone]
type=friend
username=brianc
secret=mysecret
host=192.168.1.4
context=home

When I go to the "Identity Tab" in kphone, and ask it to register with
my asterisk server, I see the following on my asterisk console:

NOTICE[114696]: File chan_sip.c, Line 3643 (handle_request):
Registration from '"Brian Capouch" <sip:brianc at 192.168.1.4>' failed for
'192.168.1.4'

I then get a dialog box from kphone, where I type in the secret shown above.

I then get another NOTICE on the console, exactly the same, and then the
dialog box in kphone pops up again.

Infinitely.

Any help that might be out there would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

B.