[Asterisk-Users] Re: chan_h323 inclusion in Asterisk (was Re: [Asterisk-Users] Linux distro fixation?)

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 16:10:39 MST 2003

I like the reasoning.  In fact it could apply accross the
board:  Have every channel type disabled unless specifically
enabled.  I would assume most Asterisk sites don't use most
channel types.

No, you would not have to answer lots of "nothing works"
e-mail because the makefile could have a line like

if (not (A | B | C)) warning nothing is enabled.

If you do this then you don't have to treat H323 is a
special case.

--- Steven Critchfield <critch at basesys.com> wrote:

> Only if they also where by default turned of in the makefiles also.
> As
> admitted by the developers, it isn't easy to get set up and happy.
> I'd
> rather not see the list bombarded by people expecting asterisk to
> just
> build and get hit with h323 when they may not need it. Outside of
> that,
> I see no reason why one or both couldn't or shouldn't finally get
> merged
> into the official CVS tree.
> --

=====