[Asterisk-Users] Re: chan_h323 inclusion in Asterisk (was Re: [Asterisk-Users] Linux distro fixation?)

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Mar 27 14:43:07 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 15:07, Jon Pounder wrote:
> as I understand it there are 2 h323 modules in the works (as well as others
> for unrelated stuff.) It would be better for everyone if these were all in
> one place (main cvs repository). The default modules.conf could simply be
> not to load them, and notes should be provided as to their current status,
> but I have to agree it is a lot simpler to 1) get an overview of what is
> available and being worked on, and 2) to get the latest of everything all
> in one shot, instead of having to first recall something being mentioned
> you are now interested in, and then having to dig around to figure out
> where to get it.

Only if they also where by default turned of in the makefiles also. As
admitted by the developers, it isn't easy to get set up and happy. I'd
rather not see the list bombarded by people expecting asterisk to just
build and get hit with h323 when they may not need it. Outside of that,
I see no reason why one or both couldn't or shouldn't finally get merged
into the official CVS tree.